Sunday, July 10, 2016

4th of July and Holidays

The past couple of weeks have been busy. I started a new training plan with hopes to set a half marathon PR in October at the Salt Lake Halloween half., Katelyn and I continue to get things ready for the baby, and we celebrating 4th of July.

I decided after Ragnar that I wanted to continue to see what I can do fitness wise, however I did not want to rush into anything and try to squeeze in a race before the baby is born. As such I decided to start a training plan and shoot for a late October half marathon, and I have already started the training program on MyAsics. I have been watching the Olympic trials and continue to be inspired, needless to say I am also very excited for the Olympics.

As far as baby stuff is going, its getting real, we have the crib set-up, bought a car seat and stroller, and Katelyn is having me paint a dresser for the baby's room. I cannot believe we will have little baby Vidmar within 2 months! We start a birthing class tomorrow, I have a feeling it will start wo feel even more real after that.

This last weekend we had some friends over and Emma and Blaine came up from Provo. We grilled up some sausages and had a blast. We went to the park and watched everyone in the neighborhoods set of fireworks. Its amazing how many large fireworks are legal in Utah for personal use, It was quite the show. The scripture I chose to ponder this week was appropriately themed around our responsibilities toward government. "We believe that governments were instituted of God for the benefit of man; and that he holds men accountable for their acts in relation to them, both in making laws and administering them, for the good and safety of society." (Doctrine and Covenants 134:1). As we gear up for another election season I am reminded that we as a society are accountable towards God as we make and administer laws. Currently my voice is heard through the voting process, and it is important that I note only vote in local and national elections, but that I consider the issues and vote according to my conscience and my god.

No comments:

Post a Comment